Our partnership working has evolved over the last ten years. We have not come together just to form a Multi Academy Trust (MAT): we have each been working informally with each other in various groupings and cross-groupings and now we are keen to formalise our informal arrangements. The formation of Societas is a natural progression, supported by the appropriate political climate, to create a trust of academies. This model will help us to maintain our self-sustaining, school improvement work. We firmly believe that this “association of like-minded people bound by a common purpose”, this “platoon of idealistic people” is at the heart of successful school systems of the future and is the very foundation stone of the Societas Trust.
Our proven track record of working together has resulted in a number of successes:
- Five of the schools / academies rated good or better by Ofsted;
- Rapid and sustained improvement of all schools / academies;
- One academy accelerated out of Special Measures to be recently rated as a Good school by Ofsted;
- Strengthened leadership across all levels;
- External moderation of standards resulting in accurate use of assessment data;
- Curriculum development resulting in each school / academy having a whole school curriculum that is well matched to the needs of the community it serves;
- Successful induction of newly qualified teachers;
- Support for staff new or in the early stages of their role;
- Quality assurance of teaching and learning;
- Mutual respect and a willingness for each of us to learn from one another;
- A willingness to make decisions that will benefit all rather than any individual school exclusively;
- Shared vision, ethos and values.